Sunday, April 27, 2014

My Husband Does My Nails

For my wedding anniversary last June my husband painted my nails. I know that sounds weird but let me explain. My husband likes to paint miniature models for a game called Warhammer 40K. He has developed a very good hand at painting tiny things so he decided to try out a nail art on my hands. I painted the background using Zoya Yummy. He used a combination of other Zoya colors (Ziv for the gold and Arizona for the orange) and acrylic paints to paint a koi pond on my nails.


The process took about 3 hours but it was so much fun and an experience I won't forget. Needless to say I didn't take this polish off for like two weeks.

You can see from this close up shot how Ziv makes a perfect goldfish.

My husband was so detailed the turtle has eyeballs.

We have a koi pond in our backyard which gave us the idea for this nail art.

My Seche Vite bubbled up in the perfect spot to look like a ripple in the water.

Yummy is another wonderful shy blue color. Look at how they match!

I think I'd like to make this an anniversary tradition. Look out for another Husband Does My Nails post in June!





No comments:

Post a Comment